Cost and Quality of Care
We care about what you think regarding your health care services and the customer service you get. That’s why we’ve implemented a Quality Improvement (QI) program to track how we’re doing. When we know how we’re doing, it helps us improve the quality of your care. And that helps us serve you better.
Quality Improvement program - finding the ways to get you what you need
Anthem is focused on high quality medical and behavioral health care. We review the services you get from Anthem doctors, hospitals and other health care services. Each year, we test how we’re doing by using tools from outside groups of experts. One example is called the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®). We also use a survey that asks member how happy they are with their care, plan and doctors. It’s called the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®).
In previous years, these tests have shown our impact, such as:
- More children are receiving annual well-child visits.
- Children receiving timely immunizations are increasing.
- More members with diabetes received help to control their blood pressure and completed eye exams.
- More women received cervical cancer screenings.
- More members were able to have an appointment for checkups or routine visits as soon as needed.
- More doctors are discussing with their patients the reason for taking their medications.
- More providers are discussing tobacco usage with their patients.
Quality of care
You can review the quality and cost of care, as well. This can help you make the best decisions about your care. Visit these sites online to help you find out more:
- The Leapfrog Group
- Hospital Compare
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program
- Physician Quality Information
Cost of care
Part of great health is great information. We want to make sure you have all the information you need to make great decisions about your health care. We show how much your doctors are paid for providing you with some of the most common health care services.
Cost and quality information resources
Page Last Updated: 11/24/20