How to renew
Medallion Medicaid, FAMIS and CCC Plus members need to renew their benefits every 12 months to keep them. If you don’t renew on time, you could lose your benefits.
Check your mail.
You’ll get a renewal packet from the state around 45 days before your renewal deadline.
Have you moved?
If you moved this past year, the state needs your new address so you get your renewal packet! Call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 to let them know.
Complete your renewal.
You have 30 days from receiving your packet to renew on time. You can:
- Visit the CommonHelp website . Choose Renew My Benefits to log in or create an account.
- Call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282.
- Mail your completed packet back.
- Return it to your local Department of Social Services office.
NOTE: Many Medicaid members are automatically renewed by the state if they chose to have their information reviewed electronically when they applied for Medicaid. If you chose this option, didn’t get a renewal packet, and you haven’t moved recently, your benefits may have been automatically renewed for another year. The state will send you a notice letting you know if this happens.
Things to remember
To complete your renewal, the Department of Social Services may ask for your:
- Full legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, citizenship or immigration status for you and anyone in your household who is renewing.
- Most recent federal tax filing information (if available).
- Job and income information for members of your household for the month prior or the current month. Having recent pay stubs or W-2s to reference may be helpful.
- Information about other taxable income for members of your household. Other taxable income could be unemployment benefits, Social Security benefits, pensions, retirement income, rental income and alimony.