We offer low-cost benefits for your kids through FAMIS (Family Access to Medical Insurance Security), Virginia’s health insurance program for children of working parents who may not qualify for Medicaid. You or your child(ren) may be eligible for Medicaid through the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan if you:
- Are currently a FAMIS member and just had a baby.
- Are currently a FAMIS member and are about to turn 19.
- Meet certain income, resource, age or disability requirements — learn more.
What your child gets with FAMIS
Benefits to help your child get and stay healthy
- More than 25,000 doctors, hospitals and specialists to choose from near you
- Our 24/7 NurseLine – talk to a nurse any time, day or night, and get answers to health questions by calling 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711)
- Urgent and emergency care, including professional ambulance services if needed
- Well-child and baby checkups
- Disease Management programs for asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, coronary artery disease (CAD), major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorder, schizophrenia, hypertension and HIV/AIDS
- Translation and interpretation services via phone and onsite for your medical appointments
Plus your kids get extra benefits at no cost like coupon books with special discounts to local stores and sports physicals.
New services you get with Medallion 4.0
- Early intervention services —– services like speech or occupational therapy designed to help a baby under the age of three who may not be learning or developing like other babies and toddlers. For more information, look in your member handbook.
- Community Mental Health and Rehabilitation Services (CMHRS) —– services like in-home care and substance abuse crisis intervention
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. We work with IngenioRx to provide these pharmacy benefits.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.
Your child can get low-cost vision services like:
- Glasses (frames and lenses) or contacts as medically necessary
- One routine eye exam every 24 months
To find providers and store locations, call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711).
Healthy mind, healthy body
Being healthy is about more than just your body, so our benefits help with your child’s emotional and mental health, too. Get these behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and recovery services through your plan:
- Intensive outpatient (IOP)
- Partial day treatment
- Opioid treatment
- Case management
- Residential treatment for pregnant and postpartum women
- Halfway house and group home treatment
- Residential treatment
- Residential detox
- Crisis stabilization
- Peer supports
- Free refurbished Chromebook laptop for high school seniors who earn a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Free rides to grocery stores, farmers’ markets and food banks
- GED testing on us
- $25 gift card for middle, high school, and college students with A’s and B’s
- Up to $20 Walmart gift card for completing your health screener
- Smartphone with free minutes, data and texts
- Meals delivered to your home after a hospital stay, including new moms after delivery — two meals a day for seven days
- Boys & Girls Club® memberships (where available)
- Free diapers, umbrella stroller, and children’s books delivered to your home
- Sports physicals for kids
- Coupon book with more than $1,000 in savings at local stores
- WW® (formerly Weight Watchers®) vouchers — $120 for 13 weeks of meetings and 14 weeks of online tools
- Online fitness classes
- Air purifier (requires approval)
- Tabletop air purifier for members with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma
- Community Resource Link for local help finding food, housing and other things you might need. Visit the website here and type in your ZIP code to search.
Limitations and restrictions apply. Benefits may change.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you're eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub or call Member Services at the number on your member ID card.
You can also earn Healthy Rewards gift cards worth up to $50 for each health activity completed. Log in to the Benefit Reward Hub to redeem your Healthy Rewards. You can also call the Healthy Rewards Customer Service Line at 888-990-8681 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Our Healthy Rewards program pays you for taking control of your health. You can earn up to $25 for completing activities like wellness check-ups, diabetic screenings, mammograms or refilling your medication.
- Well-woman visit
- Adult well-visit
- Well-child visit
- Adolescent well-visit
- Childhood/adolescent immunizations
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Lead screening
- High blood pressure medication refills
- Diabetic A1c testing
- Diabetic eye exams
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Flu vaccine
To learn more and enroll, please call 1-877-868-2004.
To learn more and enroll, please call 1-877-868-2004 or visit mss.anthem.com/healthyrewards.
- How the program works.
- What rewards are available and which ones you may be eligible for.
- How often you can earn a reward for each activity.
- Where you can spend your reward dollars.
- And more!
You must be enrolled in the Healthy Rewards program to earn rewards for your healthy activities.
What to expect after you sign up
Your new member packet
You’ll receive your new member packet soon after signing up with us. Your packet will include your welcome letter and quick start guide.
You’ll also receive your health assessment or health screener. Be sure to complete it to make sure you get the benefits and services you need. To help you get started in using your benefits, visit our new member page.
For more detail about your plan, be sure to check out your member handbook.