We offer low-cost benefits for your kids through FAMIS (Family Access to Medical Insurance Security), Virginia’s health insurance program for children of working parents who may not qualify for Medicaid. You or your child(ren) may be eligible for Medicaid through the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan if you:
- Are currently a FAMIS member and just had a baby.
- Are currently a FAMIS member and are about to turn 19.
- Meet certain income, resource, age or disability requirements — learn more.
Open enrollment for Medicaid expansion is here!
If you already have us and want to keep us, you don’t have to do anything. If you want to choose the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan, enroll between November 1 and December 31, 2019.Choose AnthemRenew
When can I enroll?
Open enrollment varies by region
What your child gets with FAMIS
Benefits to help your child get and stay healthy
- More than 25,000 doctors, hospitals and specialists to choose from near you
- Our 24/7 NurseLine – talk to a nurse any time, day or night, and get answers to health questions by calling 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711)
- Urgent and emergency care, including professional ambulance services if needed
- Well-child and baby checkups
- Disease Management programs for asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, coronary artery disease (CAD), major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorder, schizophrenia, hypertension and HIV/AIDS
- Translation and interpretation services via phone and onsite for your medical appointments
Plus your kids get extra benefits at no cost like coupon books with special discounts to local stores and sports physicals.
New services you get with Medallion 4.0
- Early intervention services —– services like speech or occupational therapy designed to help a baby under the age of three who may not be learning or developing like other babies and toddlers. For more information, look in your member handbook.
- Community Mental Health and Rehabilitation Services (CMHRS) —– services like in-home care and substance abuse crisis intervention
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. We work with IngenioRx to provide these pharmacy benefits.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.
Your child can get low-cost vision services like:
- Glasses (frames and lenses) or contacts as medically necessary
- One routine eye exam every 24 months
To find providers and store locations, call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711).
Healthy mind, healthy body
Being healthy is about more than just your body, so our benefits help with your child’s emotional and mental health, too. Get these behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and recovery services through your plan:
- Intensive outpatient (IOP)
- Partial day treatment
- Opioid treatment
- Case management
- Residential treatment for pregnant and postpartum women
- Halfway house and group home treatment
- Residential treatment
- Residential detox
- Crisis stabilization
- Peer supports
- Free rides to grocery stores, farmers’ markets and food banks
- GED testing on us
- $25 gift card for high school and college students with A’s and B’s
- Up to $20 Walmart gift card for completing your health screener
- Smartphone with free minutes, data and texts
- Meals delivered to your home after a hospital stay, including new moms after delivery — two meals a day for seven days
- Boys & Girls Club® memberships (where available)
- Free diapers, umbrella stroller and children’s books delivered to your home
- Sports physicals for kids
- Coupon book with over $1,000 in savings at local stores
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers®) vouchers — $120 for 13 weeks of meetings and 14 weeks of eTools
- Healthy Rewards gift cards worth up to $25 for each activity completed (total of $100 per year)
- Online fitness classes
- Air purifier (requires approval)
- Anthem Community Resource Link
Want to know more about your benefits? Read your member handbook or call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Our Healthy Rewards program pays you for taking control of your health. You can earn up to $25 for completing activities like wellness check-ups, diabetic screenings, mammograms or refilling your medication.
- Well-woman visit
- Adult well-visit
- Well-child visit
- Adolescent well-visit
- Childhood/adolescent immunizations
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Lead screening
- High blood pressure medication refills
- Diabetic A1c testing
- Diabetic eye exams
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Flu vaccine
To learn more and enroll, please call 1-877-868-2004.
To learn more and enroll, please call 1-877-868-2004 or visit mss.anthem.com/healthyrewards.
- How the program works.
- What rewards are available and which ones you may be eligible for.
- How often you can earn a reward for each activity.
- Where you can spend your reward dollars.
- And more!
You must be enrolled in the Healthy Rewards program to earn rewards for your healthy activities.
What to expect after you sign up
We’ll make sure you have the tools you need to get your benefits and keep your child healthy.
Your new member packet
You’ll receive your new member packet soon after signing up with us. Your packet will include your welcome letter, your quick start guide and your health assessment.
Your quick start guide is a general overview of your benefits, services, and resources to help guide you as a new member.
For more detail about your plan and benefits, be sure to check out your member handbook.
- FAMIS Low Copayment Schedule - English
- FAMIS Low Copayment Schedule - Spanish
- FAMIS High Copayment Schedule - English
- FAMIS High Copayment Schedule - Spanish
Your health assessment (HA) is a short questionnaire which will help us learn more about your health. So we can help you get care and doctors to fit your needs. It won’t take more than five minutes to fill out.
Take your Health Assessment
If you have questions or didn’t get your HA, call 1-844-533-1994, ext. 106-103-5148 (TTY 711). We’ll help you fill yours out over the phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
Keep your benefits
- Renew on time! To keep your child’s FAMIS benefits, you have to renew every 12 months.
- Keep your address and phone number up-to-date with the state by calling us. If they don’t have the right contact information for you, you could lose your benefits.
To renew your benefits, call Cover Virginia toll free at 1-855-242-8282 (TDD 1-888-221-1590) or
To report your new address or phone number, call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711) or update your information on your secure account.