No-cost health insurance
for you and your family
We cover adults, families and kids through Medallion Medicaid.Choose AnthemRenew
What you get
Benefits to help you live life, your way. Plus, there are no copays or deductibles for services that are part of your benefits.
- More than 25,000 doctors, hospitals and specialists to choose from near you
- Urgent and emergency care
- Our 24/7 NurseLine – talk to a nurse any time, day or night, and get answers to health questions by calling 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711)
- Disease management programs for asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, coronary artery disease (CAD), major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorder, schizophrenia, hypertension and HIV/AIDS
- Translation and interpretation services via phone and onsite for your medical appointments
- Rides to doctor appointments, and the drugstore to get your prescriptions and grocery stores and farmer’s markets —– set up a ride by calling Southeastrans at 1-877-892-3988 (TTY 711) or visiting the Southeastrans website. For more information, visit our Schedule a Ride page
- Early intervention services —– services like speech or occupational therapy designed to help a baby under the age of three who may not be learning or developing like other babies and toddlers. For more information, look in your member handbook.
- Community Mental Health and Rehabilitation Services (CMHRS) —– services like in-home care and substance abuse crisis intervention
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines at no cost. We work with IngenioRx to provide these pharmacy benefits.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.
For children and adults through EyeMed
- Members under 21: Glasses or contacts as medically necessary, plus one routine eye exam every 24 months
- Members 21 and up: One routine eye exam and a discount on materials every 24 months
Healthy mind, healthy body
Being healthy is about more than just your body, so our benefits help you with your emotional and mental health, too. These behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and recovery services are included in your plan:
- Intensive outpatient (IOP)
- Partial day treatment
- Opioid treatment
- Case management
- Residential treatment for pregnant and postpartum women
- Halfway house and group home treatment
- Residential treatment
- Residential detox
- Crisis stabilization
- Peer supports
- Dental benefits — One cleaning, one exam and bitewing X-rays per year for adults ages 21-64
- Free rides to grocery stores, farmers’ markets and food banks
- GED testing on us
- $25 gift card for high school and college students with A’s and B’s
- Up to $20 Walmart gift card for completing your health screener
- Smartphone with free minutes, data and texts
- Meals delivered to your home after a hospital stay, including new moms after delivery — two meals a day for seven days
- Boys & Girls Club® memberships (where available)
- Free diapers, umbrella stroller and children’s books delivered to your home
- Sports physicals for kids
- Coupon book with over $1,000 in savings at local stores
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers®) vouchers — $120 for 13 weeks of meetings and 14 weeks of eTools
- Healthy Rewards gift cards worth up to $50 for each activity completed. Log in to the Benefit Reward Hub to redeem your Healthy Rewards. You can also call the Healthy Rewards Customer Service Line at 888-990-8681 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Redeem Healthy Rewards
- Online fitness classes
- Air purifier (requires approval)
- Use our Community Resource Link for local help finding food, housing and other things you might need. Just type in your ZIP code to search now.
Limitations and restrictions apply. Benefits may change.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you're eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub or call Member Services.
Want to know more about your benefits? Read your member handbook or call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
What to expect after you sign up
You’ll receive your new member packet soon after signing up with us. Your packet will include your welcome letter and quick start guide.
You’ll also receive your health assessment or health screener. Be sure to complete it to make sure you get the benefits and services you need. To help you get started in using your benefits, visit our new member page.
For more detail about your plan, be sure to check out your member handbook.
- FAMIS Low Copayment Schedule - English
- FAMIS Low Copayment Schedule - Spanish
- FAMIS High Copayment Schedule - English
- FAMIS High Copayment Schedule - Spanish