What’s changing in Medicaid?
Medicaid health coverage is now available to more Virginians through Medicaid expansion. Find out if you may be eligible for quality no-cost health insurance.
Medallion 4.0 is here!
You’ll get the same benefits you’re used to, plus more! To choose or switch to the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan, call 1-800-643-2273.
The Roanoke/Alleghany and Southwest regions are the last regions to
go-live with Medallion 4.0 on December 1, 2018. If you’re still a Medallion 3.0 member, visit the Your Resources page to see your Medallion 3.0 member handbook and other resources.
Switch Choose Anthem Renew
What you get
Benefits to help you live life, your way. Plus, there are no copays or deductibles for services that are part of your benefits.
- More than 25,000 doctors, hospitals and specialists to choose from near you
- Urgent and emergency care
- Our 24/7 NurseLine – talk to a nurse any time, day or night, and get answers to health questions by calling 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711)
- Disease management programs for asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, coronary artery disease (CAD), major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorder, schizophrenia, hypertension and HIV/AIDS
- Translation and interpretation services via phone and onsite for your medical appointments
- Rides to doctor appointments, and the drugstore to get your prescriptions and grocery stores and farmer’s markets —– set up a ride by calling Southeastrans at 1-877-892-3988 (TTY 711) or visiting the Southeastrans website. For more information, visit our Schedule a Ride page
- Early intervention services —– services like speech or occupational therapy designed to help a baby under the age of three who may not be learning or developing like other babies and toddlers. For more information, look in your member handbook.
- Community Mental Health and Rehabilitation Services (CMHRS) —– services like in-home care and substance abuse crisis intervention
Over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs at no cost
The Preferred Drug List (PDL) is what doctors can use to prescribe your medicines. Drugs listed on the PDL are safe and effective. A group of doctors and pharmacists review and update this list every three months to make sure these drugs are still good choices.Learn More
For children and adults through Davis Vision
- Members under 21: Glasses or contacts as medically necessary, plus one routine eye exam every 24 months
- Members 21 and up: One routine eye exam and a discount on materials every 24 months
Healthy mind, healthy body
Being healthy is about more than just your body, so our benefits help you with your emotional and mental health, too. These behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and recovery services are included in your plan:
- Intensive outpatient (IOP)
- Partial day treatment
- Opioid treatment
- Case management
- Residential treatment for pregnant and postpartum women
- Halfway house and group home treatment
- Residential treatment
- Residential detox
- Crisis stabilization
- Peer supports
- Smartphone with free minutes, data and texts
- Rides to grocery stores and farmers’ markets
- GED testing on us
- Sports physicals for kids
- Air purifier (requires approval)
- Boys & Girls Club® memberships for members in certain areas
- Children’s books delivered to your home
- Online fitness classes
- Weight Watchers® membership
- Anthem Community Resource Link
Want to know more about your benefits? Read your member handbook or call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Our Healthy Rewards program pays you for taking control of your health. You can earn up to $25 for completing activities like wellness check-ups, diabetic screenings, mammograms or refilling your medication.
- Well-woman visit
- Adult well-visit
- Well-child visit
- Adolescent well-visit
- Childhood/adolescent immunizations
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Lead screening
- High blood pressure medication refills
- Diabetic A1c testing
- Diabetic eye exams
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Flu vaccine
To learn more and enroll, please call 1-877-868-2004.
To learn more and enroll, please call 1-877-868-2004 or visit mss.anthem.com/healthyrewards.
- How the program works.
- What rewards are available and which ones you may be eligible for.
- How often you can earn a reward for each activity.
- Where you can spend your reward dollars.
- And more!
You must be enrolled in the Healthy Rewards program to earn rewards for your healthy activities.
Want to know more about your benefits? Read your member handbook or call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time.
Should I apply?
- Live in Virginia as a legal resident
- Children, pregnant women and adults with family income (before taxes and deductions) within the Medicaid limit
- Foster care children under age 18
- Former foster care youth under age 26 who had Medicaid and foster care services in any state at the time of their 18th birthday
- Don’t live in Virginia
- Family income is over Medicaid limit
What to expect after you sign up
We’ll make sure you have the tools you need to get your benefits and stay healthy.
Your new member packet
You’ll receive your new member packet soon after signing up with us. Your packet will include your welcome letter, your quick start guide and your health assessment.
Your quick start guide is a general overview of your benefits, services, and resources to help guide you as a new member.
For more detail about your plan and benefits, be sure to check out your member handbook.
Your health assessment (HA) is a short questionnaire which will help us learn more about your health. So we can help you get care and doctors to fit your needs. It won’t take more than five minutes to fill out.
Take your Health Assessment
If you have questions or didn’t get your HA, call 1-844-533-1994, ext. 106-103-5148 (TTY 711). We’ll help you fill yours out over the phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
- Not a kid anymore? It may be time for a new PCP - English
- Not a kid anymore? It may be time for a new PCP - Spanish
Keep your benefits
- Renew on time! To keep your benefits, you have to renew every 12 months.
- Keep your address and phone number up-to-date with the state by calling us. If they don’t have the right contact information for you, you could lose your benefits.
To renew your benefits, call Cover Virginia toll free at 1-855-242-8282 (TDD 1-888-221-1590) or renew online.
To report a new address or phone number, call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711) or update your information on your secure account .
Have a different plan and want to switch to us?
Call the Managed Care HelpLine at 1-800-643-2273 and tell them you choose the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan. You can change health plans each year during your region’s open enrollment.