Renewing Your Benefits
Don’t forget to renew your benefits every year.
Don’t forget to renew your Medallion Medicaid, FAMIS or CCC Plus benefits with the state every year. Follow these steps to make sure you renew on time:
1. Check your mail.
You’ll get a reminder letter and form from the state before your renewal deadline.
2. Renew your benefits.
Renew one of these ways:
- Renew online at commonhelp.va.gov.
- Call 1-800-643-2273.
- Fill out the form and return it to your local Department of Social Services.
What does the Department of Social Services need from me?
- Full legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, citizenship or immigration status for you and anyone in your household who is applying for health care coverage.
- Most recent federal tax filing information (if available).
- Job and income information for members of your household for the month prior or the current month. Having recent pay stubs or W-2s to reference may be helpful.
- Information about other taxable income for members of your household. Other taxable income could be unemployment benefits, Social Security benefits, pensions, retirement income, rental income and alimony.
Don’t forget to update your information.
Have you moved? Changed jobs? Gotten a new phone number? Be sure to let us know, so we can update the state.
Call Member Services at the number listed on your member ID card or log into your secure account to update your information.