Do You Need a Ride? We’re Going Your Way.
We can help you get where you need to go.
Get a ride with us.
Part of getting and staying healthy is making it to all of your appointments. We offer no-cost medical* and nonmedical rides to get you where you need to go.
If you’re a Cardinal Care member, you can get unlimited rides to and from:
- Medical and dental appointments
- The pharmacy to pick up medicine
- Ongoing care visits
- Waivered services
FAMIS coverage provides medically necessary professional ambulance services when prearranged by the PCP and used locally to or from a covered facility or provider office.
As an extra benefit for Cardinal Care members, we offer nonmedical rides to and from:
- Grocery stores
- Farmers markets
- Food banks
You can get up to three round trip nonmedical rides every three months. A round trip includes one pickup and one drop-off. Nonmedical rides are available seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A round trip can’t exceed 30 miles in urban locations and 60 miles in rural locations.
Schedule Your Ride
We work with our transportation broker, Access2Care, to help you get where you need to go. Be sure to schedule your ride at least two business days before your appointment.
What you’ll need to schedule your ride:
- Your member ID number (on your member ID card).
- Address, date and time of your appointment.
- Any special transportation needs, like a wheelchair lift or help walking. If your appointment involves a child under age 8, you’ll need to bring your own car seat or booster seat.
- If you’re bringing an escort, please notify Access2Care when you schedule your ride. One escort, age 18 or older, can ride with you if there’s room and if medically needed. An adult is always allowed to escort a child.
Call to set up your ride: 1-877-892-3988 (TTY 711)
Do you need a ride sooner?
Call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for help with urgent trips.
On the day of your ride
- Be ready up to 15 minutes early to meet your driver. Drivers can pick you up 15 minutes before or after your scheduled pickup time.
- Wait in front of, or close to, the entrance of the pickup location.
- On your return trip, drivers have up to one hour to pick you up. Make sure you call Access2Care to let them know you are ready.
Your driver can help you enter and exit the vehicle, but drivers aren’t allowed inside a home or medical office.
Need to cancel your ride?
If you’re not going to your appointment, please call Access2Care 24 hours ahead of time to cancel your ride
Need help with a ride you set up?
If you have questions about a ride you set up or need to change or cancel it, or if your ride has not arrived within 15 minutes of your pick-up time, call:
- Cardinal Care Medicaid Ride Assist: 1-877-892-3988 (TTY 711), option 2
You can also call our Member Services team or your care coordinator at the number below. We’re here to help.
- 1-800-901-0020 (TTY 711)
Ongoing transportation needs
If you need recurring rides to critical dialysis services, substance use treatment, and/or adult day care, your medical provider needs to contact Access2Care and have them complete a form that will be approved for three months at a time.
Medical rides for waiver members
If you’re an ID or DD waiver member, you’ll continue to use ModivCare (formerly LogistiCare) for all waiver-related needs. We’ll cover your medical transportation for hospital visits, doctor appointments, and rides to the pharmacy. Contact your care coordinator for more details.
Mileage Reimbursement Process
Access2Care will reimburse you or your caregiver if a personal car is used. To receive mileage reimbursement, call Access2Care five business days in advance of your appointment. You’ll receive the reimbursement form by mail or fax, and your provider must sign the form to verify the appointment.