Choose Virginia's largest Medicaid health plan
Stay informed about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Have questions about COVID-19 vaccines?
Visit our COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
If your benefits were extended due to COVID-19, you may need to renew soon. See what you need to do.
- For low-income women who are pregnant and their children
- For uninsured adults and families who meet income guidelines
- For children in foster care or adoption assistance
For children under age 19 with working parents who may not qualify for Medicaid
Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus)
For people with Medicaid and who:
- Have Medicare, too.
- Get long-term services and supports.
- Live in a nursing facility.
- Are aged, blind or disabled.
- Have a developmental disability.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
We want to make sure that you have the information you need to answer your questions about the new COVID-19 vaccine. Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Will it work? There are three vaccines available now. They are all highly effective at preventing serious illness and hospital admissions from COVID-19.
- How do I receive a vaccine? Once you pre-register, you will receive updates when you are able to schedule an appointment to receive a vaccine.
- What does it cost? There is no cost for anyone to receive a vaccine.
- What should I expect when I receive a vaccine? Depending on the type of vaccine you receive, you will need one or two doses to ensure you are protected from COVID-19. You do not need to bring a government-issued ID and cannot be turned away for not having ID. However, you should bring some form of ID if possible to make sure the right person receives the vaccine.
A free flu vaccine can help you stay healthy
Flu season runs from October through May. You and your loved ones can stay protected by going for a flu vaccine, recommended for ages 6 months and older by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Certain pharmacies offer flu vaccines through walk-in or appointment.
We want to make sure you have the health are coverage you need. To help you stay enrolled, here are important dates to keep in mind:
CCC Plus members: Your open enrollment is from 10/1 to 12/31 statewide. Learn More
- Medallion Expansion members: Open enrollment is happening statewide 11/1 - 12/31.
- Medallion Medicaid members: Your open enrollment period depends on where you live.
Find your region's open enrollment dates.
If you’re already our member, you don’t have to do anything to stay with us. If you want to switch to the Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan, Learn more
Our mission is to improve the lives of the people we serve.
Focused on health for over 20 years
We’re more than just a website and phone number. In Virginia, we:
- Work with over 25,000 doctors, hospitals and specialists statewide.
- Are the largest Medicaid health plan
- Serve more than 350,000 Medicaid members.
*According to NCQA’s Medicaid Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2018-2019 in Virginia as HealthKeepers, Inc. HMO.