Your Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan Benefits
What you get with Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan
With Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan, you get all your Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits in one place. And now, as an Anthem member, you have our trusted provider network behind you. We’ll make sure you get the most out of California’s health care program.
Your benefits include:
- Doctor and hospital care, plus labs and exams
- Prescription medicines
- Advice from a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through our Nurse Advice Call Line
- Behavioral health, like counseling and substance abuse help
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Unlimited transportation to plan-approved locations.
- Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS), like care in your home
See your Member Handbook (Evidence of Coverage) and your Summary of Benefits for more details.
Premiums and cost-sharing
There is no premium for this plan, but you may:
- Have to pay for some services. Sometimes the state will tell you what you have to pay for services. See Long-Term Services and Supports for more information.
- Need to follow certain rules to have Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan pay for your services. You might need to get a referral, which is when your primary care provider (PCP) fills out a form for you to get specialty services.
- Have a copay for some drugs, depending on how much money you make. Generic and brand-name drugs can cost $0 to $8.95. Look in your Drug List (formulary) to see what drugs have a copay.
- Need to use providers in our network for services to be covered (paid for), unless you have gotten prior approval (prior authorization) from us, your doctor or your medical group.
This website has important information about your health care coverage and choices you have. You can also ask for help in many other languages and formats. Just contact us.
Share your thoughts
What you think about our plan matters to us. Is there something you like or dislike about our services? Do you have questions and need help with your health plan? Call Member Services at
711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. For questions about pharmacy benefits, call Pharmacy Member Services toll free at 1-833-370-7466 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This call is free.
How to file a complaint
If you feel you’ve exhausted all options with us, you may submit a Medicare Complaint Form.
H6229_20_117631_U CMS Accepted 01/01/2020 Page Last Updated on 01/01/2020