How to enroll
Anthem serves BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid SSI members.
BadgerCare Plus is a health insurance program in Wisconsin for pregnant women, children age 19 and under and adults who meet certain income requirements.
Enrollment is year round. If you qualify, you can enroll at any time. The best way to know if you’re eligible is to apply.
There are three ways to apply:
- Go to access.wi.gov and click on “Apply for Benefits”
- Call or visit your local county or tribal Income Maintenance (IM) agency. You can find your IM agency online or by calling 1-800-362-3002
- Complete an application and submit by mail
The state will notify you if you are approved. Once approved, you choose the health plan that best meets your needs. If you don’t choose a plan, the state will choose one for you. Call the HMO Enrollment Specialist at 1-800-291-2002 to learn more about how to choose a health plan.
Medicaid SSI is for Wisconsin residents who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and offers extra support to adults with special health care needs or a disability.
If you already get SSI payments, you will automatically get Medicaid, so you don’t need to fill out a separate Medicaid application. Call the HMO Enrollment Specialist at 1-800-291-2002 to learn more about how to choose a health plan.
If you think you may qualify to get SSI payments, you will need to apply through your local Social Security office. Learn more
Enrollment and Renewal Assistance
Need help filling out your application to enroll or renew your BadgerCare Plus or Medicaid SSI coverage? There are people in your community available to help in person!
Assisters and navigators can help you with:
- Applying for benefits for the first time
- Renewing your benefits so you don’t lose coverage
- Helping you understand your options if you have a change in family status, income, etc.
- Answering your questions after you enroll