How to enroll
Anthem serves BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid SSI members.
BadgerCare Plus is a health insurance program in Wisconsin for pregnant women, children age 19 and under and adults who meet certain income requirements.
Enrollment is year round. If you qualify, you can enroll at any time. The best way to know if you’re eligible is to apply.
There are three ways to apply:
- Go to access.wi.gov and click on “Apply for Benefits”
- Call or visit your local county or tribal Income Maintenance (IM) agency. You can find your IM agency online or by calling 1-800-362-3002
- Complete an application and submit by mail
The state will notify you if you are approved. Once approved, you choose the health plan that best meets your needs. If you don’t choose a plan, the state will choose one for you. Call the HMO Enrollment Specialist at 1-800-291-2002 to learn more about how to choose a health plan.
Are you a childless adult?
Be sure to take the optional health survey. If premiums apply to you and you have healthy habits, you could lower your monthly premium to as low as $4 per month. To take the survey, call 1-800-291-2002 or log in to the ACCESS website.
Check your enrollment status right from your smartphone
Download the MyACCESS mobile app. Using the MyACCESS app, you can:
- See the programs you’ve applied for.
- Get reminders of actions you need to take or proof you need to submit.
- Take photos and submit needed documents at any time, then check its status in real time.
Medicaid SSI is for Wisconsin residents who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and offers extra support to adults with special health care needs or a disability.
If you already get SSI payments, you will automatically get Medicaid, so you don’t need to fill out a separate Medicaid application. Call the HMO Enrollment Specialist at 1-800-291-2002 to learn more about how to choose a health plan.
If you think you may qualify to get SSI payments, you will need to apply through your local Social Security office. Learn more
Need help renewing?
Meet with an assister or navigator near you! Assisters and navigators can help you with:
- Renewing your benefits so you don’t lose coverage.
- Helping you understand your options if you have a change in family status, income, etc.
- Answering your questions after you renew.