Health and Wellness
Would you like to be healthier? You’re in the right place. No matter your health status, there are things you can do to improve your health and quality of life. This site provides quick, easy access to information, interactive tools and tips to help you reach your health goals.Manage Your ConditionFind Useful Apps
Health Tip of the Month: November
Five tips to get your diabetes under control
With proper treatment and healthy habits, people with diabetes can lead normal, active lives. The key to managing your diabetes is to keep your blood sugar levels as close to normal as possible. It sounds tough, but here are small steps you can take:
- Use a blood sugar meter to check your blood sugar. Get a log book and write down your levels or download a blood sugar tracking app, like Glucose Buddy.
- Take diabetes medicine as prescribed.
- Eat a healthy diet and know how food affects your blood sugar levels.
- Get active. Any type of exercise can help lower your blood sugar.
- Go to all health care appointments, screenings and checkups. Make sure you get these tests:
- A1c test: A1c results tell you your average blood sugar level over three months. Ask your provider how often you need this test.
- Dilated eye exam: This is the best way to help protect your vision from diabetes-related eye problems. Get this test at least once a year.
Select “Diabetes” below to get tips and tools for living with diabetes.
CDC; Monitoring your blood sugar
What is Health A to Z?
Health A to Z is an online health resource. It’s easy to use and provides information and answers on many health topics. You can also check your symptoms with our symptom checker and explore our interactive tools to help guide your health care decisions.Check your symptomsCheck out the interactive toolsLearning Centers