[Skip to Content]

How to renew

BadgerCare Plus

You need to renew your benefits every 12 months to keep them. If you don’t renew on time, you could lose your benefits.

But don’t worry! Just follow these easy steps to renew your benefits now.

1. Check your mail

You’ll get a reminder letter from the state about one month before the date you need to renew your coverage.

2. Visit ACCESS Wisconsin

Log in to or create you secure MyACCESS account.

3. Complete your online renewal.

You can also mail back your completed paperwork, call 1-800-362-3002, or visit your local county or tribal IM agency to renew. Find your IM agency.

What if you lose your coverage?

You can still reapply for Medicaid. If you apply within 60 days of the date you lost coverageand you’re still eligible, you’ll return to Anthem.

No longer qualify? Call us at 833-901-1358. We can connect you to an affordable plan that’s right for you.

Learn more about staying covered

Are you a childless adult?

Be sure to take the optional health survey. If premiums apply to you and you have healthy habits, you could lower your monthly premium to as low as $4 per month. To take the survey, call 1-800-291-2002 or log in to the ACCESS website

Make renewing easier.

Download the MyACCESS mobile app for free to:

  • Check your benefits. See the programs you’re enrolled in and check your renewal date.
  • Get reminders of actions you need to take for renewal.
  • Submit documents. Take photos and submit documents at any time, then check the status in real time.
  • Pay monthly premiums if you have them.

Get the app:

Need help renewing?

Meet with an assister or navigator near you! Assisters and navigators can help you with:

  • Renewing your benefits so you don’t lose coverage.
  • Helping you understand your options if you have a change in family status, income, etc.
  • Answering your questions after you renew.
Find local help

Need help?

Call ForwardHealth Member Services at 1-800-362-3002 if you have questions about renewing your coverage or if you missed your renewal deadline.

Don’t forget to update your information!

Have you moved? Started a new job? Changed your phone number? Be sure to report any changes to the state through your MyACCESS account or your local county or tribal IM Agency.

You must report any changes to the state within 10 days.

Go to myACCESS website