How to renew
We don’t want you or your family to be without health care coverage. Keep your benefits by renewing on time. Here’s how:
Check your mail
You’ll get a reminder letter from the state about one month before the date you need to renew your coverage.
Renew your benefits
Once you receive your letter, renew your benefits in one of these ways:
- Log in to your MyACCESS account
- Call or visit your local county or tribal IM agency. You can find your IM agency online or by calling 1-800-362-3002
- Fill out and return the renewal paperwork that came with your reminder letter from the state
If you don’t renew by the date in the letter, you’ll lose your health care benefits. Be sure to renew on time!
If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments, you automatically get Medicaid and do not need to renew your coverage each year.
Your medical condition will be reviewed from time to time to make sure you still qualify for SSI benefits. You’ll get a letter in the mail asking you to visit your Social Security office for the review. Learn more about the review process.
If you have questions about the review, contact your local Social Security office. To find an office near you:
- Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays
- Visit the Social Security Administration website
Enrollment and Renewal Assistance
Need help filling out your application to enroll or renew your BadgerCare Plus or Medicaid SSI coverage? There are people in your community available to help in person!
Assisters and navigators can help you with:
- Applying for benefits for the first time
- Renewing your benefits so you don’t lose coverage
- Helping you understand your options if you have a change in family status, income, etc.
- Answering your questions after you enroll