How to renew
You need to renew your benefits every 12 months to keep them. If you don’t renew on time, you could lose your benefits.
But don’t worry! Just follow these easy steps to renew your benefits now.
1. Check your mail
You’ll get a reminder letter from the state about one month before the date you need to renew your coverage.
2. Visit ACCESS Wisconsin
3. Complete your online renewal.
You can also mail back your completed paperwork, call 1-800-362-3002, or visit your local county or tribal IM agency to renew. Find your IM agency.
Are you a childless adult?
Be sure to take the optional health survey. If premiums apply to you and you have healthy habits, you could lower your monthly premium to as low as $4 per month. To take the survey, call 1-800-291-2002 or log in to the ACCESS website.
Make renewing easier.
Download the MyACCESS mobile app for free to:
- Check your benefits. See the programs you’re enrolled in and check your renewal date.
- Get reminders of actions you need to take for renewal.
- Submit documents. Take photos and submit documents at any time, then check the status in real time.
- Pay monthly premiums if you have them.
Get the app:
If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments, you automatically get Medicaid and do not need to renew your coverage each year.
Your medical condition will be reviewed from time to time to make sure you still qualify for SSI benefits. You’ll get a letter in the mail asking you to visit your Social Security office for the review. Learn more about the review process.
If you have questions about the review, contact your local Social Security office. To find an office near you:
- Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays
- Visit the Social Security Administration website
Need help renewing?
Meet with an assister or navigator near you! Assisters and navigators can help you with:
- Renewing your benefits so you don’t lose coverage.
- Helping you understand your options if you have a change in family status, income, etc.
- Answering your questions after you renew.