Our quality standards: Striving to do better, every day
Your health is important to us. We work hard to make sure you can get great care when you need it. We do this by:
- Having programs and services to help make sure the quality of health care you get is even better
- Supporting pregnant members and new moms with tools and information
- Finding local programs in your community to help you get the services you need
- Hosting events to help you learn about your plan and get the most out of it
- Following state and federal rules
- Looking at our quality reports to find new ways to offer better care
Learn more about Quality Management
Have questions about the Quality Management program?
Call us or write to us. We can talk to you about:
- What quality management is
- How we are doing and what our goals are
- How we are working to make things better for you
We can also send you information on our Quality Management program.
Call 1-800-901-0020 if you’re a Medallion Medicaid or FAMIS member or 1-855-323-4687 if you’re a CCC Plus member; TTY 711.
Case management and care coordination: Helping you manage all the moving pieces
Health care can be overwhelming. Our case managers and care coordinators can help make it easier. Your providers know how to help you with your care. It really helps if you know how to care for yourself, too. That’s what our case managers and care coordinators do.
As an Anthem HealthKeepers Plus member, we offer many different types of services. Your case manager or care coordinator works with you and your provider to set up a plan of care. You may already be working with a case manager or care coordinator and know how to contact them.
If you need help contacting your case manager or care coordinator, call us at 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid and FAMIS) or 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711.
Our case managers or care coordinators may also call if:
- You’ve just gotten out of the hospital and need help with follow-up visits to other providers
- You’re going to the emergency room (ER) often for nonurgent care that could be handled by your provider
- You call our 24/7 NurseLine and need more follow-up for ongoing care
- You have serious physical problems and need more help
- You have behavioral health problems and need more help working with all of your providers
Your case manager or care coordinator can also help with:
- Setting up health care services
- Getting referrals and prior authorizations (approvals)
- Checking your plan of care
If we call you, a nurse or social worker will:
- Always identify themselves with their name, title and position with your Anthem HealthKeepers Plus plan.
- Tell you about what we offer.
- Talk to you about your health and how you’re handling different parts of your life.
New technology in medicine and care
To make sure we are always using the latest medical treatment and equipment to help you feel your best, our medical director and providers look at all the latest medical changes. They look at:
- Medical treatment and services
- Behavioral health treatment and services
They also look at the most up-to-date medical and scientific writings. With all this data, they consider:
- If the changes are safe and helpful.
- If these changes offer the same or better results than what is used today.
This work is done to help us decide if a new treatment or care should be added to your benefits.
You have rights and responsibilities
As an Anthem HealthKeepers Plus member, you have rights and responsibilities. They are listed in your member handbook. Do you need a printed copy of your member handbook? Call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid and FAMIS) or 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711.
Your benefits and how to get medical care
Are you looking to learn more about our services and benefits? Grab your member handbook! You can read about:
- Preventive health care: Find out how to help prevent many health issues and how to live a healthier life.
- Preventive health care for women: Learn how to get access to women’s health specialists for regular and preventive health care services.
- Benefits and access to care: Find out more about your benefits and how to get medical care.
- Language help: Learn how to get our information in the language you use at home.
- Pharmacy: Find out about your benefits and how to get the medicines you need.
- Case management: Partner with a case manager to learn more about ways to get care for your health issues.
- Member rights and responsibilities: Read about your rights and responsibilities.
- Notice of Privacy Practices: Learn more about how we keep your private information safe.
- Medical necessity: Find out how we decide if care is right for you based on the right coverage and correct levels of care and service.
- Advance directives: Learn more about your right to use an advance directive (living will), to have one on file or on hand if you can’t tell others about the care you want to keep you alive. Your provider has advance directive forms and more information.
Behavioral health (mental health and substance use disorder services)
Sometimes, dealing with all of the tasks of a home and family can lead to stress. Stress can lead to depression and anxiety. It can lead to marriage, family and/or parenting problems. Stress can also lead to alcohol and drug abuse.
If you or a family member are having these kinds of problems, you can get help. Call HealthKeepers, Inc. Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid and FAMIS) or 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711. You can get the name of a behavioral health specialist who will see you if you need one. You can also find a provider by viewing the provider directory.
Your benefits include many medically needed services, such as:
- Inpatient behavioral health services
- Outpatient behavioral health services
- Partial hospitalization
- Treatment and rehabilitative services
See your member handbook, to learn more about your benefits.
You don’t need a referral from your primary care provider (PCP) to see a behavioral health specialist in your plan.
There are some treatments and services your behavioral health specialist must ask HealthKeepers, Inc. to approve before you can get them. For information about services that need preapproval, please see your member handbook.
If you have questions about referrals and when you need one, contact Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid and FAMIS) or 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices
The notice tells you about how we may use and share your health data. It also tells you how to get this data. The notice follows the Privacy Rule set by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Our Notice of Privacy Practices is in your member handbook and more as well as online. Call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid and FAMIS) or 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711.if you want a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices mailed to you.
Not a kid anymore? It may be time for a new PCP or behavioral health provider
It’s important for you to get the right care from your providers. As an adult, you can choose to change from a provider who specializes in care for children or teens to a provider who focuses on treating adults. This includes providers for physical and behavioral health. We can help if you want to change. We can also help you transfer your medical records.
Start by asking your current PCP or behavioral health provider for a recommendation for a new adult PCP or behavioral health provider. We’re here to help, too. You can change your PCP or behavioral health provider at any time. It’s easy with our Find a doctor tool. Or call Member Services at 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid and FAMIS) or 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711.