How To Renew
Steps For Renewing
1. Keep An Eye Out For A Notice In The Mail.
You will receive a renewal letter from the state telling you it’s time to renew.
2. Complete The Form And Gather Any Other Documents The State Requests.
After the first letter, you’ll have a second letter telling you one of these actions you need to do to renew your benefits.
- No action needed — you don’t need to do anything else to renew.
- Check your information — the state needs you to double-check your information to make sure it’s correct.
- Send more information — the state needs more information from you to confirm your eligibility.
3. Mail Or Fax The Form And Requested Documents Back To The State, If Needed.
Do You Have Hoosier Care Connect (HCC)?
To keep your health care benefits, you may have to renew your benefits. Some HCC members have to renew every three years and will get a letter from the Social Security Administration. Other members, such as those in foster care, may have to renew every year and will get a letter from the state of Indiana. If you get a letter about renewal, you must complete and return any requested information to stay enrolled in HCC.
If You're In HIP, Choose HIP Plus
If you have HIP Basic, you may be able to choose HIP Plus when you renew!. With HIP Plus, you get extra benefits like dental and vision. And you can avoid copays.
The letter you get telling you about your new benefit period will also let you know what your monthly POWER Account contribution will be. Just pay this amount to start your HIP Plus benefits.
Page last updated: 10/28/2022