Finding Care 24/7
Know Where To Go
Your healthcare needs don’t always follow a schedule. Learn more about where to go when you or your family needs care, no matter what time of day it is.
The 24/7 NurseLine is a toll-free help line that lets you talk in private with a registered nurse (RN) about your health anytime, day or night. You can ask the nurse whether you need to go to the ER, or about how you are feeling. We're here 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and even on holidays.
Hoosier Healthwise (HHW), Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP)
866-408-6131 (TTY 711)
Hoosier Care Connect (HCC)
844-284-1797 (TTY 711)
Avoid Non-Emergency Care Copays At The Emergency Room (ER)
When members call the Anthem 24/7 NurseLine for an emergency and are advised to go to the ER, they won’t be charged a copay.
You may have a sudden illness, injury or condition that is not an emergency, but needs to be treated right away. Call your PMP if you think you need urgent care. Your PMP will tell you what to do. They may tell you to come into the office right away, go to an urgent care center, or go to the ER. You may need urgent care if you have:
- Minor burns.
- A very sore throat.
- An injury from a fall.
- Frequent vomiting.
- A cut that’s deep enough to need stitches.
- A fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Muscle sprains or strains.
If You Need Urgent Care
- During normal clinic hours, call your PMP. Their number is listed on your ID card and in your online profile.
- After hours and on weekends, visit an urgent care center. After a visit to urgent care, be sure to call your PMP as soon as you can. Your PMP can help with follow-up care.
Emergencies are times when there could be serious danger or damage to your health if you don’t receive medical care right away. If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room (ER).
Go to the ER if you:
- Have chest pains.
- Have trouble breathing.
- Are bleeding badly.
- Are pregnant and have signs of harm to yourself or your baby like pain, bleeding, fever, or vomiting.
- Feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else
After An ER Or Urgent Care Visit
Call your PMP as soon as you can after you visit the ER or urgent care center. Your PMP can help with your follow-up care.
Behavioral Health Crisis Line
If you’re having problems, feeling overwhelmed, or experiencing a mental health crisis, call our Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 833-874-0016. Our clinicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to talk with you and give the assistance you need.
Page Last Updated: 3/3/2023