Hoosier Care Connect (HCC)
Am I Eligible?
Individuals who meet these eligibility factors can apply:
- Blind or have a disability
- Age 65 and older
- Living in the community
- Not enrolled in Medicare
- Getting Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Enrolled through M.E.D. Works
- Children who are wards of the state, receiving adoption assistance, current and former foster children
What You Receive With HCC
We’re proud to offer these benefits to keep you healthy. And with Anthem, you may qualify for more!
- Doctor care
- Hospital services
- Emergency and urgent care
- Lab tests and X-rays
- Medical supplies
- Chiropractic services
- Behavioral health
- Prescription drugs
- Smoking cessation
- Podiatry services
See the HCC member handbook for more details.
Dental Care You Receive
- Two exams and cleaning per year
- Bitewing X-ray once every 12 months and one complete set of X-rays every three years
- Extractions and up to four basic restorations such as fillings and one crown per year
- Minor restorations such as fillings
- Major restorations such as crowns and root canals (one of each per 12 months)
- Periodontal care, which includes deep cleanings and surgical treatment for gum disease
For Help Finding A Dentist In Your Area
Call DentaQuest toll free at 1-888-291-3762 or visit DentaQuest.
*Administered by DentaQuest, an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield products.
- One eye exam per year for members under 21 years old.
- One eye exam every two years for members 21 years and older.
- Additional examinations must be medically necessary.
Eyeglasses (Including Frames And Lenses)
- One pair of eyeglasses per year for members under 21 years old, unless medically necessary under EPSDT.
- One pair of eyeglasses every 5 years for members 21 years and older.
Enhanced Benefit For Hoosier Care Connect Members
$75 allowance for eye care per year to include eyeglasses and/or contact lenses.
For Help Finding An Eye Doctor In Your Area
Call Superior Vision toll free at 866-866-5641 (TTY 866-428-4833) or visit their website.
You may have conditions that require special care and providers. We have care coordination programs and services to help you. They help manage your physical, behavioral, medical and social needs.
We help guide the care for our members with chronic health conditions. We’ll help you to understand your condition and meet healthcare goals through education, resources, and referrals to providers for care.
Our care management team helps members who need assistance with care coordination, making preventive care appointments, or accessing care to address chronic physical or behavioral health conditions.
Complex Case Management
Anthem’s Complex Case Management program is for members with complex needs who need help managing their health care. We can work with you and your provider, or just with your provider, to make sure you are getting the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and many over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. We work with CarelonRx to provide these pharmacy benefits.
Visit the pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to the Pharmacy page
On top of your regular HCC benefits, you can receive these no-cost extras just for being our member. You can access these benefits in a few different ways.
Some extra benefits can be ordered by logging in to the secure Benefit Reward Hub. These include:
- Hygiene kit — that includes items for dental and body care
- Up to $200 — of asthma and allergy relief products
- $50 in exercise equipment — like mouth guards, bike helmets, and resistance bands
- $100 in gas cards — for eligible members in rural locations
- $75 in healthy-lifestyle aids — such as digital scales and diabetic supplies
- Medical alert jewelry — for conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure
- Caregiver toolkit — with support tools such as planners, notebooks, forms, and comfort/health-promoting items
- $50 in school supplies — like backpacks, notebooks, and calculators
For these extras, call Member Services at 866-408-6131 (TTY 711):
- Boys & Girls Club — memberships for youth ages 5 to 18
- Online exercise/fitness resources — offered by ChooseHealthy
- WW® (formerly Weight Watchers) — covers up to four months of membership
- $75 in enhanced vision benefits — for prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Gym membership or home fitness kit — offered by Active&Fit
- Tutoring assistance* — to help with your children’s education in English, math and language arts (for members currently/formerly in foster care, receiving adoption assistance or wards of the state)
- High-school equivalency assistance — covers the costs of the high-school equivalency test
- Job and skills training — with our Jump Start program offering online learning and job search tools
- INvestABLE Account — provides a gift card to start an ABLE bank account to help you save money while maintaining your benefits eligibility
Others you can access directly:
- Non-emergency transportation — call 844-772-6632 (TTY 888-238-9816)
- Extra minutes for SafeLink smartphone — visit checklifeline.org to see if you qualify, then apply for SafeLink Wireless at safelinkwireless.org or call 877-631-2550
- Community Resource Link — on the Community Support page
SafeLink Wireless® is a LifeLine supported services, a government benefit program.
©2020 WW International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Limitations and restrictions apply. Benefits may change.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you are eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub or call the Member Services number on the back of your member ID card. Log in to get started today!Log in
A referral is when your primary medical provider (PMP) sends you to another provider for care.
This care is often from a specialist. Your PMP may send you to a specialist for special care or treatment. Your PMP can:
- Help choose a specialist to give you the care you need.
- Help you set the day and time for the office visit with a specialist.
- Ask Anthem is if you can get services from a specialist. Your PMP knows when to ask for a preapproval. (See below.)
Some types of services are known as self-referral services. That means you can get these services without a referral from your PMP. You can see any Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) doctor for many of these services. See your member handbook for a list of these services.
Some services require a preapproval or OK from Anthem. Your PMP will ask Anthem to make sure they’re offered. If they are, both Anthem and your PMP or specialist agree the services are medically necessary. Getting a preapproval will take no more than seven calendar days or, if urgent, no more than three calendar days.
These are types of services, if offered in your health plan, that need preapproval:
- Air ambulance
- Certain behavioral health services
- Drug injections
- Certain dental services
- Some equipment
- Genetic testing
- Home health and hospice care
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Infusion therapy and chemotherapy
- Inpatient hospital services
- Certain laboratory tests
- Services not in your plan
- Referrals to specialists
- Radiology services
- Select outpatient surgeries/procedures
- Sensory integration therapy
- Transplant services
- Certain vision services
Your PMP will know which services need preapproval. We may not approve payment for a service you or your doctor asks for. If your case doesn’t meet the rules for medically needed, we’ll send you a letter. The letter will tell you we could not approve the service and why. The letter will also let you know how to appeal our decision if you disagree with it. For more help, please call Member Services at 1-866-408-6131 (Hoosier Healthwise, Healthy Indiana Plan); 1-844-284-1797 (Hoosier Care Connect); TTY 711.
Get The Most Out Of Your Health Care
We know everyone’s health is different, so we offer services that keep you in mind. Through our Integrated Medical Management Model approach, we analyze information you give us, claims data, as well as an ongoing review of your health to find a care plan to fit you and your family. We also work side-by-side by your doctor, so the care meets your physical, behavioral and social needs.
Key Member Resources
New Member Welcome Resources
- New Member Welcome Flyer - English
- New Member Welcome Flyer – Spanish
- New Member Welcome Letter – ENG
- New Member Welcome Letter – SPA
- PMP Selection Form - English
- PMP Selection Form - Spanish
Team Up With The Indianapolis Colts!
Do you have your Blue Ticket to Health?
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and the Indianapolis Colts are teaming up to help you stay healthy through the Blue Ticket to Health program. Call your doctor to schedule a wellness checkup today and enter to win!
Get Your Flu Shot
Flu shots, pneumonia shots, FluMistTM and antiviral medications are approved benefits under most health plans. For specific information, check your member handbook or call the number on your ID card.
How Much Do I Pay?
Hoosier Care Connect members do not have copays for services.
Foster Care And Adoption Assistance
Children in foster care, young adults transitioning from foster care, foster care alumni and children receiving adoption assistance can get Hoosier Care Connect (HCC). In this program, you’ll get a dedicated care manager who will listen first. They’re here to work closely with you, your doctors and the Indiana Department of Child Services to make sure you get the care your child needs.
- HCC Foster Care Marketing Flier – English and Spanish
- HCC Foster Care Tutoring Services form – English
- HCC Foster Care Tutoring Services form – Spanish
Learn more about your HCC benefits from Indiana's Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA).
Help you need, close to home
See what our Community Resource Link can do for you.
HCC gives you benefits beyond what you expect.
Learn how to enroll with us.Enroll
Page Last Updated: 3/3/2023