Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions provides all your Nevada Medicaid benefits, like care from a PCP you choose, pharmacy benefits, preventive care and more — all at no cost to you. We know health care is about more than just doctor visits, so our benefits are designed to make a difference in your life.EnrollRenew
Am I eligible?
To get Nevada Medicaid benefits through Anthem, you must have limited income and live in one of our service areas. Generally, Medicaid members are in the following categories:
- Under age 21
- A pregnant woman
- A family with children
- Childless adult aged 19-64 who meets federal income requirements
What you get with Nevada Medicaid
We offer benefits to help you feel better and live your best life — Benefits you’ll notice in your every day
There are no copays for covered services.
Maintaining good health is important. With Anthem, you go to one main person for your health care. He or she can be a doctor, a nurse practitioner or a physician’s assistant. This person is called your primary care provider or PCP. Anthem has a large network of doctors and nurses who help our members.
Everyone struggles at times, and everyday problems can lead to depression, anxiety, and alcohol or drug abuse. We’re here if you or a family member needs help. We have doctors, therapists and counselors to help you with your behavioral health needs. All behavioral health services and treatments are private and you don’t need a referral from your PCP.
Text-based peer support
Our text-based peer support services program provides peer-led crisis services to members age 13 and older via text. The program allows members to engage with a qualified mental health professional and receive information. They engage in dialogue with clinicians to establish rapport and determine needs. Our qualified mental health professionals provide counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
Your benefits include eye exams once every 12 months. You don’t need a referral from your PCP for eye care benefits.
Nevada Medicaid members under 21 also get eyeglasses or contact lenses (if medically necessary). Members can call EyeQuest at 1-800-787-3157
(TTY 1-800-466-7566) for help finding an Anthem eye doctor in your area.
As an Anthem member, you get extra benefits — beyond what you expect. These include:
- Extra transportation benefits
- Free cellphone with free monthly minutes, data and text messages.
- Bedside delivery of medications — Medications delivered to you when you’re discharged from a hospital setting so you don’t have to stop on your way home.
- Annual sports physical from an Anthem PCP for members ages 6-18.
- Annual Boys & Girls Club memberships for members ages 5-14.
We’ll help you take control of your health with these special program
- 24/7 NurseLine for answers to your medical questions and concerns any time, day or night
- LiveHealth Online to see a doctor anytime via online video chat, when you need an appointment fast
- Disease management programs to help you control ongoing conditions like asthma, diabetes, heart disease, HIV and more
- New Baby, New Life℠ education and rewards program for pregnant women and new moms
- Health education classes
- The Nevada Tobacco Quitline for free counseling and medication to help smokers and other tobacco users quit.
Limitations and restrictions apply. Benefits may change.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you’re eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub or call Member Services at 844-396-2329 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific time.
For a full list of our extra benefits, see the Benefit Fact Sheet. Please note the daycare and gestational diabetes pregnancy meal benefits start on October 1, 2022.
How often do you get rewarded for doing something good for your health?
Healthy Rewards is a program that pays you for taking control of your health. You can earn gift cards for a variety of retailers by completing activities such as wellness checkups, diabetic screenings, mammograms, refilling your medication, etc. To learn more and enroll, visit the Benefit Reward Hub or call the Healthy Rewards Customer Service line at 888-990-8681 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.
Find out more information about:
- How the program works
- What rewards are available and which you may be eligible for
- How often you can earn a reward for each healthy activity
- Which retail gift cards you can redeem your rewards for.
You must be enrolled in the Healthy Rewards program to earn rewards for your healthy activities.Redeem Healthy Rewards
- $50 for the first prenatal visit
- $50 for attending a postpartum visit 7-84 days after delivery
- $10 per visit for attending up to six well-baby visits in your baby’s first 15 months
- $50 per visit for attending up to two well-baby visits between 16 months to 30 months
- $25 for completing all childhood immunizations by 24 months
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for Nevada Medicaid Case Management members to help you:
- Stay connected with your care coordinator
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more
- View your goals and objectives
- Check due dates and statuses of goals and objectives
You get a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter medicines when you choose Anthem. Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to Pharmacy page
Your member resources
Your member handbook is your go-to-guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from your benefits. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services like wellness care for adults and children, disease management and behavioral health
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Anthem member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- How to reach Anthem Member Services if you have questions
- Member Handbook - English
- Member Handbook - Spanish
- Member handbook update - English
- Member handbook update - Spanish
Need a handbook mailed to you?
Call Member Services at 1-844-396-2329 (TTY 711).