Be ready, be healthy
Your health and well-being are important to us. We want you to have the resources you need, especially before or during an emergency.
We’re just a call away.
Be ready by storing these numbers in your phone so you can reach us.
- Customer Care Center: 1-800-407-4627 (TTY 1-888-757-6034)
- For Los Angeles: 1-888-285-7801 (TTY 711)
- 24/7 NurseLine: 1-800-224-0336 (TTY 1-800-368-4424)
- Anthem Behavioral Health: 1-888-831-2246
- LiveHealth Online: 1-888-548-3432 (TTY 711)
- Care Management: 1-888-334-0870 (TTY 711)
- Transportation number: 1-877-931-4755 (TTY 1-866-288-3133)
- Department of Managed Health Care: 1-800-400-0815 (TTY 1-877-688-9891)
- Department of Health Care Services’ Office of Family Planning: 1-800-942-1054
- Department of Health Care Services Medi-Cal Managed Care Ombudsman: 1-888-452-8609
- L.A. Care Health Plan Member Services Department: 1-888-839-9909 (TTY 711)
- L.A. Care Department of Health Care Services: 1-916-445-4171
- California Relay Line: 711
Got your “go bag” ready?
Things to have handy if you have to leave in a hurry:
- A list of your prescription medications
- Filled prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medicines like pain reliever, antacids, vitamins and more
- Glasses and contact lens solution
- Baby formula, bottles, diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream
- Feminine supplies
- Personal hygiene items
- Pet food, bowls and any medications
In a state of emergency
If a state of emergency is declared, we want to make sure you get the care and resources you need.
- If your plan has copays, you might not have to pay right away.
- If you’re on an Anthem prescription drug plan, you can refill prescriptions at any pharmacy, even if you’re not due for a refill.
- If you need to go to a different pharmacy because of a state of emergency, call the Customer Care Center and we’ll help you get your refill at a different location.
- Find a pharmacy that’s open near you.
Care managers can help you get medical equipment or supplies (also called durable medical equipment, or DME) replaced or find personal attendant services (PAS).
We’ll get services set up in a new area or find other treatment sites, such as a dialysis center or new pediatric specialists.
Care Management: 1-888-334-0870 (TTY 711)
- Find a Doctor near you.
- Visit a doctor 24/7 using LiveHealth Online. Or download the free mobile app.
- Get your member ID card.
- Time limits for prior authorizations (preapprovals), pre-certifications or referrals will be relaxed.
- If needed, you and your doctors have more time to file claims.
- You can use a pharmacy or doctor who’s not in our plan if you’re out of the area due to a state of emergency.
If you need a ride to the doctor, to pick up your medicine or to any other health care service, call LogistiCare at 1-877-931-4755 (TTY 1-866-288-3133).
If you need help with a mental health or substance use crisis, you can call the Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 1-800-334-6622, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Disaster Distress Helpline
Call to talk with a professional about emotional distress: 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TTY 1-800-799-4889)
Let us help you figure out what’s next
We’re here for you. Call us to:
- Talk to a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Get your member ID card
- Find a Doctor
- Find a pharmacy from Rx Open — the website that will help you find open pharmacies in areas impacted by disaster
- Find behavioral health resources from LiveHealth Online
- Get more information on renewing your health plan benefits
Customer Care Center: 1-888-285-7801 (TTY 711) in Los Angeles County or 1-800-407-4627 (TTY 1-888-757-6034) for all other counties
Use these resources to get:
- Access to shelter, food, health care and clothing.
- Transportation information like road closures and public transit.
Apply for help
Get help after a state of emergency. The national resources below are available so you can apply for help, get back in your home and get back to your life.