Care management programs
Here for you when you need extra support
Managing your health care can be overwhelming. You might need some extra support coordinating your care and services. We’re here to help. We have no-cost programs to connect you with someone who can help you manage the care and services you already get, plus find even more supports in your community.
Care management can help with:
- Understanding your care and treatment options
- Learning which benefits you’re eligible for
- Learning about your health conditions
- Learning about medicines you’re taking
- Coordinating your care with all of your providers
- Giving support to your family or other people who care for you
- Finding community and other services, if you need them
- Getting rides to your doctor’s office, if needed
How to get started
If you think these services could help you, call us. Call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-407-4627 (TTY 711) outside L.A. County or 1-888-285-7801 (TTY 711) inside L.A. County Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Enhanced Care Management
Anthem covers Enhanced Care Management (ECM) services for members with highly complex needs. ECM is a benefit that provides extra services to help you get the care you need to stay healthy. It coordinates the care you get from different doctors. ECM helps coordinate primary care, acute care, behavioral health, developmental, oral health, community-based long-term services and supports (LTSS), and referrals to available community resources.
If you qualify, you may be contacted about ECM services. You or your caregiver can also call Anthem to find out if and when you can receive ECM. Or talk to your healthcare provider who can find out if you qualify for ECM and when and how you can receive it.
Covered ECM services
If you qualify for ECM, you will have your own care team, including a care coordinator. This person will talk to you and your doctors, specialists, pharmacists, case managers, social services providers, and others to make sure everyone works together to get you the care you need. A care coordinator can also help you find and apply for other services in your community. ECM includes:
- Outreach and engagement
- Comprehensive assessment and care management
- Enhanced coordination of care
- Health promotion
- Comprehensive transitional care
- Member and family support services
- Coordination and referral to community and social supports
To find out if ECM may be right for you, talk to your Anthem representative or healthcare provider.
Cost to member
There is no cost to the member for ECM services.
Community Supports may be available under your Individualized Care Plan. Community Supports are medically appropriate and cost-effective alternative services or settings to those covered under the Medi-Cal State Plan. These services are optional for Members to receive. If you qualify, these services may help you live more independently. They do not replace benefits that you already get under Medi-Cal.
- Housing Transition Navigation Services
- Housing Deposits
- Housing Tenancy and Sustaining Services
- Short-term Post Hospitalization Housing
- Recuperative Care (Medical Respite)
- Respite Services
- Day Habilitation Services
- Nursing Facility Transition/Diversion to Assisted Living Facilities
- Community Transitions Services/Nursing Facility Transition to a Home
- Personal Care and Homemaker Services
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (Home Modifications)
- Meals/Medically Tailored Meals
- Sobering Centers
- Asthma Remediation
If you need help or would like to find out what Community Supports may be available for you, call 800-407-4627 (TTY 711), or call your healthcare provider.