Hoosier Care Connect (HCC)
As your HCC plan, our goal is to take care of your physical, behavioral, medical and social needs. We can help coordinate your care between all of the doctors and specialists you see. If living independently and staying in your community is important to you, we’ll help you meet those goals. Our main job is to help you get the best care possible.EnrollRenew
Am I eligible?
Individuals who meet these eligibility factors can apply:
- Blind or have a disability
- Age 65 and older
- Living in the community
- Not enrolled in Medicare
- Getting Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Enrolled through M.E.D. Works
- Children who are wards of the state, receiving adoption assistance, current and former foster children
What you get with HCC
At Anthem, we care about you and want to help you get the health care you need. Your doctors and other health providers work with you to decide what’s best for you and your health.
Dental care you receive
- Two exams and cleaning per year
- Bitewing X-ray once every 12 months and one complete set of X-rays every three years
- Extractions and up to four basic restorations such as fillings and one crown per year
- Minor restorations such as fillings
- Major restorations such as crowns and root canals (one of each per 12 months)
- Periodontal care, which includes deep cleanings and surgical treatment for gum disease
For help finding a dentist in your area
Call DentaQuest toll free at 1-888-291-3762 or visit DentaQuest.
*Administered by DentaQuest, an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield products.
Vision care you receive
- One exam every 12 months
- Glasses every two years (under age 21)
- Glasses every year (age 21 and older)
- Contact lenses, if medically necessary (under age 21)
For help finding an eye doctor in your area
Call Vision Service Plan (VSP) toll free at 1-866-866-5641 (TTY 1-866-428-4833) or visit Vision Service Plan (VSP).
*Administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP), an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield products.
You may have conditions that require special care and providers. We have care coordination programs and services to help you. They help manage your physical, behavioral, medical and social needs.
We help guide the care for our members with chronic health conditions. We’ll help you to understand your condition and help you meet health care goals through education, resources and referrals to providers for care.
Our care management team helps members who need assistance with care coordination, making preventive care appointments, or accessing care to address chronic physical or behavioral health conditions.
Complex case management
Anthem’s Complex Case Management program is for members with complex needs who need help managing their health care. We can work with you and your provider, or just with your provider, to make sure you are getting the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
We work with Express Scripts (ESI) to provide your pharmacy benefits. We cover a wide range of prescriptions and many over-the-counter drugs.
You or someone you choose to act for you can send us a formulary exception request. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pharmacy Benefits - English and Spanish
- Express Scripts Registration Instructions - English
- Express Scripts Registration Instructions - Spanish
- Hoosier Care Connect Preferred Drug List - English
- Hoosier Care Connect Preferred Drug List - Spanish
- Walmart Rx Mail Order Form – English
- Walmart Rx Mail Order Form – Spanish
Your HCC plan includes assistive devices through DrugSource. Each year, you can receive up to $50 worth of mail-order assistive devices like reachers, large button remotes and more. Go to Anthem Assistive Devices to start shopping right away. Find the items you need for your daily tasks. For help ordering items, call 1-877-407-9665. If you have any questions about your benefits, call Member Services at 1-844-284-1797 (TTY 711).
A referral is when your primary medical provider (PMP) sends you to another provider for care.
This care is often from a specialist. Your PMP may send you to a specialist for special care or treatment. Your PMP can:
- Help choose a specialist to give you the care you need.
- Help you set the day and time for the office visit with a specialist.
- Ask Anthem is if you can get services from a specialist. Your PMP knows when to ask for a preapproval. (See below.)
Some types of services are known as self-referral services. That means you can get these services without a referral from your PMP. You can see any Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) doctor for many of these services. See your member handbook for a list of these services.
Some services require a preapproval or OK from Anthem. Your PMP will ask Anthem to make sure they’re offered. If they are, both Anthem and your PMP or specialist agree the services are medically necessary. Getting a preapproval will take no more than seven calendar days or, if urgent, no more than three calendar days.
These are types of services, if offered in your health plan, that need preapproval:
- Air ambulance
- Certain behavioral health services
- Drug injections
- Dental services
- Some equipment
- Genetic testing
- Home health and hospice care
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Infusion therapy and chemotherapy
- Inpatient hospital services
- Certain laboratory tests
- Services not in your plan
- Referrals to specialists
- Radiology services
- Select outpatient surgeries/procedures
- Sensory integration therapy
- Transplant services
- Vision services
Your PMP will know which services need preapproval. We may not approve payment for a service you or your doctor asks for. If your case doesn’t meet the rules for medically needed, we’ll send you a letter. The letter will tell you we could not approve the service and why. The letter will also let you know how to appeal our decision if you disagree with it. For more help, please call Member Services at 1-866-408-6131 (Hoosier Healthwise, Healthy Indiana Plan); 1-844-284-1797 (Hoosier Care Connect); TTY 711.
Get the most out of your health care
We know everyone’s health is different, so we offer services that keep you in mind. Through our Integrated Medical Management Model approach, we analyze information you give us, claims data, as well as an ongoing review of your health to find a care plan to fit you and your family. We also work side-by-side by your doctor, so the care meets your physical, behavioral and social needs.
Key member resources
- Member Handbook - English
- Member Handbook - Spanish
- IN HCC Start up Guide - English
- IN HCC Start up Guide - Spanish
- HCC Quick Start Guide - English
- HCC Quick Start Guide - Spanish
Team up with the Indianapolis Colts!
Do you have your Blue Ticket to Health? Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and the Indianapolis Colts are teaming up to help you stay healthy through the Blue Ticket to Health program. Call your doctor to schedule a wellness checkup today and enter to win!
Get your flu shot
Flu shots, pneumonia shots, FluMistTM and antiviral medications are approved benefits under most health plans. For specific information, check your Member Handbook or call the number on your ID card.
Check your ID card to see if these copays apply to you.
Hoosier Care Connect members will have copays for these services:
- Nonemergency transportation: $1 for each one-way trip
- Pharmacy: $3 for each prescription
- Emergency room (ER): $3 for each nonemergency use
*You won’t have a copay for these services if you’re:
- Under age 18.
- American Indian or Alaskan Native.
- Getting services related to pregnancy or family planning.
Foster care and adoption assistance
Children in foster care, young adults transitioning from foster care, foster care alumni and children receiving adoption assistance can get Hoosier Care Connect (HCC). In this program, you’ll get a dedicated care manager who will listen first. They’re here to work closely with you, your doctors and the Indiana Department of Child Services to make sure you get the care your child needs.
Learn more about your HCC benefits from Indiana’s Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA).
Page Last Updated: 10/4/18